How do I choose the most suitable retirement village in Sydney?
One of the questions that are brought up most frequently in the numerous Marston Living events that we have is, “How do I choose the suitable retirement village?
The question is, where do you start? We sincerely hope that the information presented below will assist you in finding the perfect neighbourhood in which to spend your golden years.
After you’ve reached retirement age, you can almost do anything you choose. It is possible that by asking yourself a few fundamental questions, you will be better able to narrow in on the neighbourhood and retirement village that are most ideally suited to your requirements.
We have included the following series of questions for the purpose of assisting you in getting started; grab a cup of coffee, some paper and pens, and a peaceful spot to sit while you contemplate them.
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
- Do you often find yourself daydreaming about being in the middle of a leafy area or sitting on the beach?
- Does the thought of living near the water excite you?
- Do you enjoy driving around ?
- Perhaps a hint more of a flavour from around the world?
- Do you want a home that is smaller than the one you now live in or one that has the same amount of rooms as your current residence? (If you have a smaller house or apartment, you will spend less time cleaning and maintaining it, whereas if you have a larger house, you will be able to host more guests and have a designated space for work.)
- What do you do with your time when you don’t have plans?
- Do you wish you could be closer to your loved ones, whether they be your children, grandchildren, or other members of your extended family?
- Have you been told that you have a green thumb and that you find inspiration in the gardens?
- Do you enjoy doing things around the house by yourself?
- Are you looking to become a member of a diverse range of organisations and clubs?
- Do you work out a lot? What types of sports or exercises do you enjoy the most?
- Are you looking for an interesting get-together to attend after work?
- How would you like a plethora of options to improve your physical health and mental well-being?
- How much of a sense of community do you want to be surrounded by?
- Would you like to have more room for your own things?
Your enquiry could begin with these enquiries; they should serve as a starting point for your investigation. Now is the time to begin looking into the opportunities available in the location you have chosen and possibly discuss with Marston Living.
Our friendly customer service staff are available to address any questions or issues you may have and to assist you in navigating the steps involved in choosing the most suitable neighbourhood. Simply give us a call on (02) 91 888 555.
In addition, we provide individualised tours that may be tailored to your interests and conducted one-on-one so that you can discover the area and all of its attractions at your own pace.